As an organisation the Title Holders Association has to have a legal entity for administering and recording it’s own affairs. Rather than set up another new legal entity, Ekopia were tasked by the THA to do this for them.
The THA is therefore run as an essentially independent division of Ekopia Ltd.
For a set monthly fee Ekopia provides:
- A book-keeping system for transactions including all income from individual Title Holders and direct Hoco expenditures including Park Planning Group. A monthly transactions report (up to six pages long) is provided to the factor as part of this service.
- Limited liability cover, professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance.
- The production of formalised annual accounts by an independent accountancy firm.
- Additional management of the system. Most of the day-to-day management is carried out by the THA themselves in conjunction with the service agent, but Ekopia also provides background advice on the tax, legal issues and the Rules of the Association. This includes access to a legal helpline.
- Various records, including an overview of the calculations behind the Hoco charges and a database of properties.