New Findhorn Directions (NFD) Ltd is the trading subsidiary of the Findhorn Foundation. Since its inception in 1983 it has operated many offshoot businesses that have sprung from Foundation activities. NFD is registered in Scotland, Company Number SC70193.
Working in the world of business and commerce, NFD consciously strives to embody the guiding principles and ethos of the Findhorn Foundation in its daily work.
What we do
NFD’s roles and functions can be divided into the following categories:
- Trading – NFD runs the Findhorn Bay Holiday Park, for profit, which is Gifted to the Findhorn Foundation to support its charitable work. In addition NFD’s balance sheet (company value) is included is the Foundation’s total asset value.
- Agent – NFD manages the Findhorn Foundation’s commercial interests. It holds and operates the Findhorn Bay Caravan Park (FBCP) Site Licence. The FBCP is commonly known as ‘The Park’ campus. NFD also holds, on behalf of the Foundation, shares in community organisations such as Phoenix Community Stores, Findhorn Wind Park and the Dunelands development. NFD also contributes to the development of the eco-village, e.g. building holiday chalets and supplying electricity from three wind turbines.
- Utilities – NFD provides public utilities to commercial and domestic users in the Park. It provides electricity through the Electricity division and drinking water through the water division.
- Factor – NFD is the Title Holders Association’s – THA (land owners in the Park) factor and manages the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of ‘The Park’, which is a 15-Hectare private estate. NFD manages the Title Holders Association’s estate management fund, commonly known as HoCo, the name given to the Park’s collective infrastructure division. The infrastructure included under HoCo includes the estate’s Roads, Paths, Street Lights, Sewers and Drainage. NFD’s role mirrors that of a local Authority in maintaining public land and thoroughfares. NFD’s place is at the heart of the Park’s ecovillage community.
- Property Management – NFD manages various commercial buildings the Foundation owns and leases out to other businesses and charities in the Park.
The Findhorn Foundation and Park community has evolved into a myriad of organisations and individuals to establish a thriving ecovillage and centre for education and sustainability.
Who’s who in NFD
- Andy Dodds
- Bob Gordon
Park Services Manager
- Jaqueline Palmer
- Fiona Palmer
- Lesley Proctor
- Peter Balderstone
- Andy Carter
Warden & Maintenance
- Chris Murgatroyd
- Gus Nicol
- Tony Reid
- Mary Barclay
- Fiona Moffat