New Findhorn Directions (NFD) Ltd is the trading subsidiary of the Findhorn Foundation. Since its inception on 10th December 1979 it has operated many offshoot businesses that have sprung from Foundation activities. NFD is registered in Scotland, Company Number SC70193.
Working in the world of business and commerce, NFD consciously strives to embody the guiding principles and ethos of the Findhorn Foundation in its daily work.
What we do
NFD’s roles and functions can be divided into the following categories:
- Trading – NFD runs the Findhorn Bay Holiday Park, for profit, which is donated to the Findhorn Foundation to support its charitable work. In addition NFD’s balance sheet (company value) is included in the Foundation’s total asset value.
- Agent – NFD manages the Findhorn Foundation’s commercial interests. It holds and operates the Findhorn Bay Holiday Park (FBHP) and Pineridge Site Licences. NFD also holds, on behalf of the Foundation, shares in community organisations such as Phoenix Community Stores, Findhorn Wind Park and the Duneland development. NFD also contributes to the development of the eco-village, e.g. building holiday chalets and other providing affordable accommodation.
- Utilities – NFD provides public utilities to commercial and domestic users in the Park. It provides electricity through the Electricity division and drinking water through the water division.
- Service Agent – NFD is the Title Holders Association’s – THA (land owners in the Park) independent contractor who on an ad hoc and retainer basis carries out tasks linked to the maintenance and upkeep of ‘The Park’, which is a 15-Hectare private estate. NFD carries out such tasks under the locally known banner of HoCo, the name given to the Park’s collective infrastructure division. The infrastructure under HoCo includes the estate’s Roads, Streetlights, Sewers and Drainage. NFD’s role under the direction and management of the THA in many ways mirrors that of a local Authority in maintaining certain areas of Title Holder land and thoroughfares. NFD’s place is at the heart of the Park’s ecovillage community.
- Property Management – NFD on an ad hoc and retainer basis carries out tasks linked to various commercial buildings the Foundation owns and leases out to other businesses and charities in the Park.
Our GDPR Privacy Statement is here NFD – Privacy Statement
The Findhorn Foundation and Park community has evolved into a myriad of organisations and individuals to establish a thriving ecovillage and centre for education and sustainability.
Who’s who in NFD
- Lesley Proctor
- Mark Crockett
- Gus Nicol
- Colleen Meredith
- Adrian Hutchins
- Gemma Heron
- Michael Meridari
- Craig MacMillan
- Dylan Duff
- Peter Hayward